Children in the Club
At Your Club, Everybody’s Welcome …
The Graphics Arts Club Mascot is a club for the community and, as such, we welcome children in the club.
However, to ensure the safety and comfort of all club users, patrons with children in the club must observe the following requirements in accordance with the Registered Club Act 1976.
- Children aged 18 years and under must be supervised by a parent or responsible carer over 18 years of age.
- Supervision requires that the children must remain in the company of the responsible person at all times whilst on club premises.
- The club is not a licensed child-minding facility and club employees cannot take responsibility for the supervision of children within club premises at any time.
- Common sense should be used at all times. Parents/carers are responsible for setting boundaries for their child’s behaviour in consideration of the comfort, enjoyment and safety of all club patrons.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to ensure the welfare of their children.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent/carer to use the toilet facilities.
- Children must not enter the Bar, TAB or Gaming areas. It is an offence for minors to approach or obtain service in any of these areas.
- Children under 18 years of age must not be served with or permitted to drink alcohol.
- Children must vacate the club by 10.00pm.
Please note unattended/unruly children on club premises may be at risk of;
- leaving the premises
- hurting themselves
- becoming bored and disruptive to other patrons
- becoming distressed or sick
- being approached by strangers
Parents who do not supervise a child appropriately whilst on club premises may be exposing their child to potential harm and may themselves be committing an offence.
As such, if a child is behaving in a manner which is potentially unsafe, disruptive to other patrons/staff or damaging club property as determined by club staff, the parent/carer will be notified. If the behaviour continues, then the staff reserve the right to ask the parent/carer and children to leave the club premises for the remainder of that day.
This policy has been written to ensure the safety and comfort of children, patrons and staff and everybody’s enjoyment of our facilities.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.